Friday, November 16, 2007

Thing 23: Program Summary

23 Things has been a great learning experience. Many of the Things I knew by name only. Had it not been for this structured opportunity, I wouldn't have taken the time to play with them. The links and suggested readings were helpful. I found it useful to see how other libraries and librarians are using these technologies, and hope to see Howard County Library do even more with them. As a next step, I'm interested in reading Michael Stephens' two part Library Technology Reports on Web 2.0 and Libraries. Part 1: Best Practices and Social Software; Part 2: Trends and Technologies.

I'd like to thank the creators of Maryland Libraries Learning 2.0, and Jaye Holly for the role she played in making this happen for Howard County Library staff. I would welcome the oportunity to participate in another discovery program in the future.

No comments: